As part of our commitment to fully support the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising, here is our Donor Charter.
As an organisation in receipt of donations, Social Entrepreneurs Ireland aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the support that they are providing. We promise that we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing Social Entrepreneurs Ireland will be dealt with professionally
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists. We will never share our mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
That is our commitment to you, our supporters. Thank you.